Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Doh! I Lost Monitor Support!, My screen goes blank when linux boots.
Cringe
post Feb 12 2003, 12:39 PM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 436

Let me start off by saying I'm very new to Linux but excited to learn so hopefully you all can help. I recently installed SuSE Linux 8.1 pro (luckily I still have XP otherwise I'd be in the dark totally) and I got my Nvidia driver downloaded and installed for the geforce4 ti4200. Now, I figured out how to use YaST2 to change my display resolution to 1024 x 768 but when I clicked test my screen went blank and my monitor light was flashing. Not thinking (just finished a night shift) I clicked finialize. So I was promted to reboot my graphics so I rebooted my comp and after GRUB loaded linux the screen went black. Now I can go into the Linux mode from GRUB that's just the text interface but I have no clue how to rest my settings so my monitor will work properly. Oh, I also suspect the issue is with my monitor setting itself. I have it set as the default since my monitor (Samsung SyncMaster 753df) doesn't show up in the list. Could this be a refresh rate issue?
Am I screwed or is this an easy problem to fix? Thank you for any response!

-Cringe
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cringe
post Feb 12 2003, 12:59 PM
Post #2

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 436

biggrin.gif W00t! Uh, nevermind that post. I fixed my own problem *pats himself on the back* I didn't realize you can access yast2 in the text mode so I just set my monitor as a generic one with the resolution I want and the refresh rate I want. Now, where did that administrative manual go... I should probably finish reading that. Thanks anyway!!! **Sorry to waste your time if you bothered to read all this.**
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2017 - 01:41 AM