Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Entering A Sound File Command?
tom boucher
post Nov 30 2004, 04:07 PM
Post #1

Grub-er

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,217

Can anyone explain how to to enter either "alsaconf" or "sndconfig" at the command line? I have an ESS1869 ISA sound cardthat was not detected during the install, and I was instructed to enter this, but I do not know how. Does it have to be preceded or followed by any particular command?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
tom boucher
post Nov 30 2004, 07:02 PM
Post #2

Grub-er

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,217

I did some searching in ref. to my sound card, and have found that when installing Linux will ask whether or not you have an ISA sound card. If you do, Linux indicates that you need to run one of the above commands at the command line. I did see all of that. However, if I enter the commands above, nothing happens. From reading some other post, I think some sort of interface is supposed to come up. If it does not, then sndconfig did not install. Anyone familier with this? IF, I was to reload Mandrake 10.1 in an effort to correct my sound, would I lose all I have configured and loaded or is there some sort of repair type of function that may preserve all of my work?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th December 2017 - 08:17 AM