Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Shutdown Warning
iantri
post Feb 9 2003, 04:52 PM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 429

Hello.

I have a problem: I am using RedHat 7.3 (no, this isn't the problem smile.gif) and I configured a UPS with powstatd. The power failed, but came back. Now whenever I log on it says:

CODE
The system is going down on Mon Feb  3 17:56:19 2003

Power failure: system operating on batteries.

I have no idea how to get rid of this message, nor why it still keeps popping up to annoy me. Have I misconfigured something?

[EDIT] update.. I seem to have gotten it back to working state, by running shutdown +5 then shutdown -c.. but the same thing just happened when I accidently sent in into maintenance mode (with a five minute delay) and I had no choice but to hit the reset button (this machine does not have keyboard or mouse connected and is accessed via telnet on my network). The same thing is happening again. Also, because I guess it believes there is a shutdown in process, I cannot log in as anyone other than root, which I can't directly do over the default telnet setup, which means I had to find a keyboard and plug in and restart to fix.

What is happening?

Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th December 2017 - 06:26 PM