Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Shutdown Problems, system doesn't auto poweroff
TheDistance
post Nov 25 2004, 12:39 PM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,184

Hi

I'm having some problems with a debian sarge system that I just installed. When I do a shutdown on the system (doesnt matter if I do init 0, shutdown -h now, or poweroff) it will always stay on once it finishes the shutdown procedure. It just flashes up a line that says Power Off. Before, when I had the same version of Debian installed on it, it would automatically power off. Is there some package that I need to install to be able to do this, or is it some kind of logoff script problem?

Thanks,
Eric
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
russ_m9
post Nov 25 2004, 01:43 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 4,170

is the APIC power managment turned on in the bios ?, I had a similar problem with DEBIAN 3.0 (Woody) a while back and found that was my problem the Kernel had it on but my Bios Did not.

Just a thought, hope this helps.

Scincerly
Russell Morton

+Quote Post
TheDistance
post Nov 25 2004, 02:41 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 4,184

I actually can't find an option in the BIOS for that... not surprising. It's an old HP Pavilion that I got from my brother in law to use as a file server. But I'm pretty sure that it would auto shut down before... and I haven't done anything in the BIOS since, other than change the boot devices priority.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2017 - 02:20 AM