Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Radeon X800 Xt Platinum
Cheator
post Nov 23 2004, 12:22 AM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,216

I recently bought this card (mainly for Half-Life 2) and its nice and all but no distros support it right away. Thats fine of course except for that I cannot open any window managers. And since I can't, I can't use RPMs.. at least I don;t think. This means that the ATI provided drivers will not work.. so I'm stuck. Any ideas?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bcal
post Nov 23 2004, 07:43 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 4,034

you can use RPMs - what happened when I installed a radeon 9600PRO was that linux booted into text mode. You can log in and access/muck about with the files, just without the nice graphical interface. So :
rpm -ivh <packagename.rpm>
is the standard command (at least that I use, I'm no expert) to install an rom package.

Do you have instructions on how to get the GUI working with a radeon card? If not, I still have the text I copied from the web somewhere on the system...

Good luck

+Quote Post
Cheator
post Nov 23 2004, 07:56 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 4,216

If you had it that would be nice, though I am not THAT much of a newb smile.gif I Use the text mode quite often when I am in the GUI infact as I am still quite new to it. But thank you for the command and if oyu know how to do it I would apreciate it.

+Quote Post
bcal
post Nov 24 2004, 03:24 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 4,034

ok now I'm confused - is your display showing *any* prompt whatsoever? If so, what is it? If not, I have no idea I'm afraid.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2017 - 11:15 AM