Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

> Installing Anjuta Or Eclipse (c++) Onto Ubuntu
zarniwoop
post Nov 22 2004, 10:24 AM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,210

I want to do some C++ programming on an ubuntu system and I have no idea how to install either of these programs. I can't find any simple binaries though there are some for Anjuta but they aren't designed for Ubuntu(will they work anyway?). I only installed linux a couple of days ago so haven't ever installed a program onto it.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
russ_m9
post Nov 24 2004, 11:31 AM
Post #2

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,170

well i hope it works out for ya, all i can say is in all the time i have been using linux 3 yrs (Mandrake 6.5 and on)and i have used that method with complete success as long as you read the readme files that come with the source distribution you will never fail. but failure to follow simple logic and common sense is a stupidity no linux user can afford.

but either way let me know what happens and provide me the details and more than likely i or someone else will help you find the problem and fix it, but remember diffrent distros do things in diffrent ways but they should all be about the same when compiling programs.

Scincerly
Russell Morton
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2017 - 02:13 AM