Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Php/mysql, Apache
harryg
post Nov 21 2004, 03:11 AM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,204

I've just installed Fedora Core 3 on my PII computer biggrin.gif and wanna run a web server on it. During the installation I installed all the necessary package for MYSQL, PHP and Apache. Now using SSH File Transfer, moved my website (on WinXP) to the /var/www/website directory.

After setting up the apache virtual directory, i can browse the site server.mydomain.com but my php pages don't execute properly. For example my contact.php page has got a simple form you fill out and submit to the page. OnSubmit the page emails the contents to designated email address using php mailto() function. It also displays back to the user the information submitted.

This same site is hosted on another WEB HOSTING companys server and the same page works fine. But on my FC3 box, when I click on the submit box of the form the page simply reloads without showing me the submitted info and I don't get any emails. I think the issue may be permissions for execution of server side pages or apache config POST GET etc. I understand that I won't get any emails if I don't have a email server running on this box but it should still submit the info to the page.

Any help is appreciated.

--------------------
user posted image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
harryg
post Nov 21 2004, 04:55 PM
Post #2

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,204

Come on people, somebody would have a solution for this issue. 30 Views and no answers mad.gif , I'm starting to think if it was worth joining this forum?? unsure.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th December 2017 - 03:31 AM