Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Help Please, up and down dont work
mdphreak27
post Oct 27 2004, 10:41 PM
Post #1

Grub-er

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,896

ok this should be a simple fix I just dont know how to do it...
I was messing around with my shortkuts for amaroK and i changed the volume up and down to use the global shortcut of the up and down keys. after I did this I noticed when using terminal I could no longer scroll through previos commands using the up and down keys, then when updating livjournal I couldnt use up and down to scroll through text.
in any aplication now the up and down keys dont do anything any more... any one know how to fix it?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hughesjr
post Oct 29 2004, 07:07 AM
Post #2

Its GNU/Linuxhelp.net

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,151

I don't know what amaroK does for shortcut keys ... but it seems that it interprets the key press before KDE ... so it will turn up and turn down the volume, reguardless of whether amaroK is the selected program or not.

If you are playing music, does the volume go up and down while you press the keys, even when konsole is the active window?

You may have to pick other keys for the shortcuts.

--------------------
Johnny Hughes
hughesjr@linuxhelp.net
Enterprise Alternatives: CentOS, WhiteBoxEL
Favorite Workstation Distros (in order): CentOS, Gentoo, Debian Sarge, Ubuntu, Mandrake, FedoraCore, Slackware, SUSE
Favorite Server Distros (in order): CentOS, WhiteBoxEL, Debian Sarge, Slackware, Mandrake, FedoraCore, Gentoo, SUSE

+Quote Post
mdphreak27
post Oct 31 2004, 02:53 PM
Post #3

Grub-er

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,896

I already changed the shortcuts to something different than the up and down, as well as reset all the shotcuts back to the defaults, and I still cant use up and down

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2017 - 03:02 AM