Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fedora 2 Gaim Help, need help with gaim on fedora 2
geeemtea
post Oct 25 2004, 11:11 PM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,011

i am having a problem with gaim on fedora 2. when i try to log in to my yahoo account, it tells me wrong password. i know my password is right, as is my screen name. is there something i am not doing right?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Corey
post Oct 26 2004, 08:22 AM
Post #2

Its GNU/Linuxhelp.net

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

This will sound really stupid, but normally represents 99% of password problems....is your caps lock on?

Other then that, check what version of Gaim you have installed, I know the latest version is 1.x, and perhaps Yahoo has changed something in their authentication protocols that the Gaim team has fixed in recent builds. Check out the gaim homepage and download the lastest Fedora RPM and install from there.

--------------------
Corey Quilliam
(former) Linuxhelp.ca Administrator
cquilliam-AT-gmail-dot-com

Want to help out Linuxhelp.net? Check out our Linuxhelp Wiki and see if there are some articles you would like to submit!!

--
Ubuntu 8.04 64-bit - Work Laptop (HP-Compaq NC6400 Core2)
Kubuntu 8.04 64-bit - Desktop (HP m8120n QuadCore)
Ubuntu 6.04 - Server (I'm not upgrading this baby until support runs out in 2012) (Some old POS dell)

+Quote Post
MRAB54
post Nov 8 2004, 04:27 PM
Post #3

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,130

I have been searching around because I am having the exact same problem with gaim. For aol, I have my screen name and password entered correct, I know this for a fact and it tells me it is incorrect. I know my password is right because I have the same user name and password for yahoo, and I can connect to yahoo with gaim. Anybody know anything about this?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2017 - 11:24 AM