Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hello, probably basic help
Fearghust
post Oct 22 2004, 11:58 AM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,005

Hello, I'm new to linux, using slackware 10.0. This is my first time attempting to use linux, and I'm going at it pretty blind. After reading and searching around for awhile, I'm still having a problem, probably pretty simple one to most folks. Currently, I have windows and linux running on the same hd. I have my mp3 collection on my second hd that is formatted in ntfs. I thought I had everything set up, the drives are mounted and everything, I was listening to them while I was logged into linux during my last session. However this morning I log in, go to listen to music, xmms and juk cant find anything. The drives are still mounted, but apparently there is nothing in them to read. I went into the console to see if maybe it was just the programs being feisty, but I went to list the files and nothing was there. So I rebooted into windows to make sure everything was gtg there, it was, and booted back into linux, still nothing. I haven't been successfull in finding a solution to my problem online, although im sure its somewhere. If anyone could/is willing to help I'd appreciate it. Thanks for your time.

edit:
i think i've figured it out already hehe. i believe the mount point was there, but it wasnt actually mounted. apparently i dont have it set up to mount when linux boots. so im working on that atm

--------------------
linux newb
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hughesjr
post Oct 23 2004, 05:31 AM
Post #2

Its GNU/Linuxhelp.net

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,151

Here is a guide to mounting NTFS drives:

http://www.linuxforum.com/linux_tutorials/1/1.php

--------------------
Johnny Hughes
hughesjr@linuxhelp.net
Enterprise Alternatives: CentOS, WhiteBoxEL
Favorite Workstation Distros (in order): CentOS, Gentoo, Debian Sarge, Ubuntu, Mandrake, FedoraCore, Slackware, SUSE
Favorite Server Distros (in order): CentOS, WhiteBoxEL, Debian Sarge, Slackware, Mandrake, FedoraCore, Gentoo, SUSE
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2017 - 10:44 AM