Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Image Help
Linuxneub
post Oct 21 2004, 07:53 AM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,995

I'm trying to make an image of my hda2 partition. I've got a NAS server running Win 2000 with a 135gig HD with a NTFS partition. I use the command dd if=/dev/hda2 of=/mnt/backup/partition.img. The /mnt/backup is the mounted drive on the NAS server that has NFS sharing. The command I am using to mount it is mount -t nfs ip_address:NFSname /mnt/backup. Everything starts to work and i can see the partition.img on the 2000 server but as soon as it gets to 4gig the linux machine says file size limit. What do i need to do because the HD in the linux machine is 120gig drive and the 2000 server has 135 gig free space. The linux partition is in ext3 and running kernel 2.4.21 and CentOS is the dist. Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hughesjr
post Oct 21 2004, 08:58 PM
Post #2

Its GNU/Linuxhelp.net

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,151

I'm not sure what the issue is ... I have never done NFS from a Windows machine.

NFS v2 has a 4gb file size limit ... what version of NFS is being used?

--------------------
Johnny Hughes
hughesjr@linuxhelp.net
Enterprise Alternatives: CentOS, WhiteBoxEL
Favorite Workstation Distros (in order): CentOS, Gentoo, Debian Sarge, Ubuntu, Mandrake, FedoraCore, Slackware, SUSE
Favorite Server Distros (in order): CentOS, WhiteBoxEL, Debian Sarge, Slackware, Mandrake, FedoraCore, Gentoo, SUSE
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 10:08 PM