Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 2 Problems I Have With Mandrake 9 Please Help, Battery Metter, Wine
themoch
post Feb 3 2003, 11:36 AM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 404

okay two problems i'm having.

1) the battery meter on my Toshiba Satellite 1105 doesnt show the correct level (or any battery level at all)

2) when ever i'm using WINE, or try to.... it runs the program, and then right as its almost done, it causes errors... and then the EXE file just shuts down.

i have no idea whats causing either of these.

somebody please help... i'm stuck here.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Corey
post Feb 6 2003, 09:17 AM
Post #2

Its GNU/Linuxhelp.net

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

1) No idea, i don't have a laptop

2) Wine is Alpha software, they say that everywhere on their website, in their help files and right in the installer. Nothing against the Wine project, I think they're doing an amazing job, but if you actually get a program to work fully, then you're doing pretty damn well. Get used to programs shutting down in Wine. You could even run the same program twice, once it will work flawlessly, and the next it crashes on you. I used to be able to run Half Life in linux, but now it won't even run the setup program. I don't complain though, I can only imagine how difficult it is to implement an API from a closed-sourced operating system.

--------------------
Corey Quilliam
(former) Linuxhelp.ca Administrator
cquilliam-AT-gmail-dot-com

Want to help out Linuxhelp.net? Check out our Linuxhelp Wiki and see if there are some articles you would like to submit!!

--
Ubuntu 8.04 64-bit - Work Laptop (HP-Compaq NC6400 Core2)
Kubuntu 8.04 64-bit - Desktop (HP m8120n QuadCore)
Ubuntu 6.04 - Server (I'm not upgrading this baby until support runs out in 2012) (Some old POS dell)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2017 - 09:39 PM