Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sco Terminal Emulation, cannot run sco app on windows console
NibbleAbit
post Oct 12 2004, 01:58 PM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,937

I am trying to create a secure public access point to a government application written in ingres running on SCO. I have installed linux, ssh and the bare essentials.

When I ssh to the SCO server, it tells me that my terminal does support function keys. It also does not map the pretty lines that make boxes. I do not want to run X (so I can't use xterm) because I don't know how to lock down a box with a GUI.

The .profile on the SCO box looks like:
linux)
TERM_INGRES=linux
export TERM_INGRES
stty intr "^c"
stty erase "^?"
tput smpch
eval `tset -m linux:${TERM:-linux} -m :?${TERM:-linux} -e -r -s -Q`
;;
exec app

I found what I think are valid entries for the linux console (terminfo-lnx-on-sco) and have run 'tic' to get an entry in /usr/lib/terminfo/l/linux

I have what I believe are valid entries in /etc/termcap and $II_SYSTEM/ingres/files/termcap. I monkeyed with creating $II_SYSTEM/ingres/files/linux.map (it is just a copy of xterm.map).

I have been searching google for 3 weeks now for some sort of solution, and I still don't think I understand how the hell all this works, so I can't even apply basic problem solving techniques to test each component to see where the problem might be.

Does anyone out there have any pointers?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 02:54 PM