Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

> Installation On Wireless Nic (truemobile 1150), Driver installation NIC
CorySmith65
post Oct 4 2002, 11:27 AM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 25

Hello,
I am trying to install a truemobile 1150 wireless card on my Linux Red Hat 7.3 machine. The problem is, when I type tar zxvf [name of my driver for the truemobile] it askes me a few questions such as are you sure you want to install this and do you want to install this drive to /usr/src/linux. I chose yes to both and it responded with "there is no directory /usr/src/linux. I then checked to see and it was correct, I only have the directory /usr/src/redhat. I then ran the driver again and told it to install at /usr/src/redhat, the response was the same "there is no directory /usr/src/redhat. I was wondering if you could help me with this problem?
Thanks,
Cory Smith
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
CorySmith65
post Oct 4 2002, 01:23 PM
Post #2

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 25

Hey Joey,
First off, thanks for your help! Secondly, I downloaded that file and tried installing it. here is what i got, "kernel-source-2.4.18.3.i386.rp: read manifest failed: Success "
then i tried installing the driver again and it gave me the same message. it says "linux source tree /usr/src/linux is incomplete or missing

thanks again,
Cory
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2017 - 07:02 PM