Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Having Trouble Installing
jake
post Sep 23 2004, 04:45 PM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,827

I just burned Mandrake 10.1 beta 1 on 3 different CD's. While loading the program to the memory on my Windows 98 system from the first disk, a "Fatal Error Finishing Initialization" message comes up. I press ok and then my computer restarts. I want to know how to fix the problem and finish the installation.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hughesjr
post Sep 24 2004, 05:11 AM
Post #2

Its GNU/Linuxhelp.net

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,151

First, I would recommend that you check the MD5 sums of the ISO files following these instructions:
http://linuxiso.org/viewdoc.php/verifyiso.html

The place you downloaded the files from should tell you what the MD5 sums should be ... and you can make sure the ISOs didn't get messed up when you downloaded them.
---------------------------------
If the ISO files are good, then you probably burned them OK ... you can try reburning CD-1.

If the CD also looks good, try this command at the boot prompt (instead of just pressing enter) to do teh install:

linux nousb noacpi noapic

--------------------
Johnny Hughes
hughesjr@linuxhelp.net
Enterprise Alternatives: CentOS, WhiteBoxEL
Favorite Workstation Distros (in order): CentOS, Gentoo, Debian Sarge, Ubuntu, Mandrake, FedoraCore, Slackware, SUSE
Favorite Server Distros (in order): CentOS, WhiteBoxEL, Debian Sarge, Slackware, Mandrake, FedoraCore, Gentoo, SUSE
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th December 2017 - 11:35 PM