Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Automounter Starts Unexpectantly
nifflerX
post Sep 14 2004, 03:08 PM
Post #1

./configure

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,751

Hi,

I'm running RHEL workstation v3. I connect multiple machines to a central raidzone machine via NFS. The central raidzone exports a set of directories and the individual workstation mount these directorives via the automounter and the file /etc/auto.master. Usually all works well and the directories are mounted where they are suppose to. However, recently a second automounter process spawns at the same time I lose the connection between my workstation and the raidzone.

if I type in ps -aux the following line appears twice:
/usr/sbin/automount --timeout=60 /nfs/raidzone file /etc/auto.raidzone

if I reboot the machine the above line only appears once (as it should). I was thinking that perhaps the NFS connection is getting lost somehow and the automounter is restarting in an attempt to reconnect. However, all that happens is that my terminals will no longer bring up a prompt so I get stuck and there's nothing I can do.

I have tried logging in as root when this happens and tried the following:

/etc/init.d/autofs stop (as well as restart)
umount -f /mnt/point

Both of these tell me that the device is busy and I can't unmount. Does anyone know what might be going and how I can avoid losing my connection? One other note, I believe the problem is on the workstation side because I have multiple machines connected to the raidzone and if one workstation exhibits this problem the others don't crash or necessarily have the same problem. Thanks so much.

-NifflerX
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th December 2017 - 08:15 AM