Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Webserver Not Working, After a power failure, no webserver?
Venom
post Sep 6 2004, 06:20 PM
Post #1

Grub-er

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,872

OK! sounds silly i'm sure... (why dont you have a UPS)... well! couldn't decide if i needed a UPS, or more lumber to cover the windows during the hurricane (in florida)... so i had a momentary power failure that caused the computer to shutoff, then reboot when power came back on. Since then, I lost all webserver (maybe more) features. I cannot connect to my website or pc. My router, and modem were correctly reset, and still nothing. I'm wondering now if it has something to do with any start-up scripts that I have no idea about. If someone can help me, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Venom... blink.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Joey
post Sep 6 2004, 07:26 PM
Post #2

LinuxHelp Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Do you have physical access to your web server? What happens when you reboot it, any errors etc? Can you manually restart apache/httpd once the machine reboots?

+Quote Post
Venom
post Sep 6 2004, 08:55 PM
Post #3

Grub-er

Yeah! its Biz as usual if I reboot... i can do everything, except web stuff? not sure what logs i need to look at to find "required" information to help me help you help me? blink.gif anyway! i'm pretty sure doing a localhost does nothing... when I get home i'll check again. Also unable to VNC into it... related I'm sure, but i have no clue..

Thanks,
Venom...

+Quote Post
Venom
post Sep 12 2004, 06:56 AM
Post #4

Grub-er

OK! I found part of the problem. During a powerfail/auto reboot, the system (hardware) loses the network connection. I re-enabled the network adapter (built-in) and it booted up and worked fine. Now after another powerfail, I tried the same thing; resetting the network interface... Does nothing? any ideas. I'm going to have the wife reset the network switch, and the hub... does anyone think this could cause a problem, since it does access the internet fine?

Ok... next thing I just tried didnt work either. I reset all hardware components (Modem, Switch, and Hub)... all lights are normal, and accessing the internet is normal again. Webserver still doesn't work, and during boot sequence, I do not get any errors? Any ideas?

Thanks, in advance...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th December 2017 - 08:18 AM