Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Question About Grub
kitchens
post Jan 24 2003, 03:43 AM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 363

I know im an idiot but here is my situation. I have win98 and redhat8 on my machine. Each OS is on its own hard drive, win being on the primary hd. Grub is my boot manager. Im planning on putting win2000 on my primary drive, and what im wondering is.... will that wipe out Grub. So I guess really the question is.... is grub on my linux drive or is on my primary win98 hd.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Corey
post Jan 24 2003, 08:40 AM
Post #2

Its GNU/Linuxhelp.net

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

I don't know much about grub, however, always Always ALWAYS ALWAYS make a bootdisk just in case. Windows has a tendancy to wipe out the mbr on your first drive, second drive, and the drive of the computer next door. Always have a failsafe just in case. If it so happens that Windows wipes it out, you can use your boot disk to boot back into linux and set grub up again.

--------------------
Corey Quilliam
(former) Linuxhelp.ca Administrator
cquilliam-AT-gmail-dot-com

Want to help out Linuxhelp.net? Check out our Linuxhelp Wiki and see if there are some articles you would like to submit!!

--
Ubuntu 8.04 64-bit - Work Laptop (HP-Compaq NC6400 Core2)
Kubuntu 8.04 64-bit - Desktop (HP m8120n QuadCore)
Ubuntu 6.04 - Server (I'm not upgrading this baby until support runs out in 2012) (Some old POS dell)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2017 - 06:18 AM