Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

> KDE/Gnome Vs. Minimal Wm With Both Supported, just curious
KDE/Gnome vs. minimal wm with both supported
KDE/Gnome vs. minimal wm with both supported
KDE/Gnome [ 13 ] ** [76.47%]
Minimal WM supporting both and using KDE/Gnome as a desktop [ 4 ] ** [23.53%]
Total Votes: 17
Guests cannot vote 
spiroth10
post Jul 29 2004, 11:30 PM
Post #1

Grub-er

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,431

which do you think is better? KDE/Gnome (either/both) or a minimal WM that has support for both and runs faster (if you have very low ram, like me) I use icewm and gnome for a desktop, but it runs like 50x faster. Id have to wait 5-10 mins to start up konqueror/nautilus, but now nautilus takes me a minute or two, and thats when it starts up gnome as a desktop, other then that, its usually as fast as windows explorer... better once it starts! konqueror's a bit slow still.

well, which is better? having a customized small, light wm manager, and using just KDE/gnome as a desktop (still get almost everything you d witht the desktop), or using one and only one?

I pick the light wm with support for both... I mean, why not have both AND speed? I just anted to know what everyone else thought... Id probably be using KDE if I didnt have 64 mb of RAM, but since I found icewm, im sold to that for life. with a bit of customization(if your good with the gimp) it can look exactly like your gnome/KDE theme
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
beltucadros
post Jan 11 2005, 01:59 AM
Post #2

Grub-er

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,855

im using pekwm with kde ontop of that much faster than kde by itself. now if i could just find a nice non-bloated DE

--------------------
"And we were differant, just like all the other kids."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th November 2017 - 02:18 PM