Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sawfish Workspace Switcher Problem, Windows Move Offscreen
Troutnut
post Jul 24 2004, 10:54 AM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,419

I'm using Sawfish 1.3 with Fedora Core 2 and having a really annoying issue with the workspace switcher. My workspaces are set to the same size as my desktop res, 1152x864, but whenever I click the workspace switcher my windows are moved around within every workspace based on where in the switcher I clicked, often offscreen. I can always get the windows back somehow but it's really annoying to be unable to switch workspaces and keep my windows where they belong.

All the windows make the same motion within their workspace every time I click in the switcher. It's kind of unpredictably based on where I click within a given workspace box in the switcher. I have five workspaces so I have five boxes, and if I click, say, in the bottom left of one of those boxes every window in every workspace moves up and to the right (often so that the top of it is offscreen). If I click on the right they move to the left, bottom they move way up, top they move down, etc. Clicking the center is pretty unpredictable.

Is this a common problem? How do I get my windows to stay where I put them when I switch between workspaces? I haven't experienced this problem with Metacity or Enlightenment...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2017 - 08:29 AM