Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Missing Buttons / Taskbar Problems
Simon Charles
post Jul 16 2004, 12:15 PM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,359

Hi... big newbie here... finally tried switching after being fed up with Windows. I don't know much about Linux but I'm willing to learn. I use Mandrake 10.

I've got a slightly annoying problem. After launching a game to try if my graphic card would work, the start button dissapeared from the taskbar and I don't know how to get it back. It's completely missing, yet it takes space (ie: other buttons can't be dragged all the way left).

If I try to add buttons to the taskbar, an invisible space is created, pushing all the existing buttons one space to the right, but the new buttons are not created. So now, after a few failed attempts, the whole left half of my taskbar is completely blank, yet I can't use the space.

As a newbie, the start button with all the applications and commands was very useful to me. And now it's gone. In the meantime, I can always press the Windows key on my keyboard, it makes the menu appear, but I'd still like the button back, and my taskbar functionning again. How can I fix all this?

Thanks

Simon
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th December 2017 - 02:41 PM