Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

> Suse 9.1 Personal Iso Available
Corey
post Jun 21 2004, 07:47 PM
Post #1

Its GNU/Linuxhelp.net

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

We don't usually make it a point here on Linuxhelp to post news on each distributions releases, however, I felt I would part from the norm because I think this is a big deal.

SUSE Linux has released a full versions, fully bootable install iso of version 9.1 Personal. In the past, the only ISO images that SUSE ever released to the public was Live-evaluation cd's which, like popular live-cd distros like Knoppix, ran completly off cd to give users a taste of SUSE. Other then that, SUSE offered free ftp installs which meant downloading their bootable iso (approx 30-50mb) and installing over the internet which used to take a long time (not to mention those few times that the install failed on me and i had to restart from scratch).

I've always been a fan of SUSE, and currently am running 9.1 Professions (ftp install) and am loving it. I think that within the next year or so, SUSE is really going to breakout. Now that Novell has their hand in on the distribution of SUSE, we can expect bigger and better things when it comes to corporate and desktop adoption of linux, it's a very exciting time.

You can checkout the SUSE 9.1 Personal iso here for mirrors.

--------------------
Corey Quilliam
(former) Linuxhelp.ca Administrator
cquilliam-AT-gmail-dot-com

Want to help out Linuxhelp.net? Check out our Linuxhelp Wiki and see if there are some articles you would like to submit!!

--
Ubuntu 8.04 64-bit - Work Laptop (HP-Compaq NC6400 Core2)
Kubuntu 8.04 64-bit - Desktop (HP m8120n QuadCore)
Ubuntu 6.04 - Server (I'm not upgrading this baby until support runs out in 2012) (Some old POS dell)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Corey   Suse 9.1 Personal Iso Available   Jun 21 2004, 07:47 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th November 2017 - 04:36 AM