Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Netatalk Allow Users View Subdirectories, users can see subdirectories w/netatalk
mkrypel
post Jun 17 2004, 10:03 AM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,178

hi, i read your netatalk tutorial at http://www.linuxhelp.net/guides/netatalk/ thanks very much.
quesiton: when i setup the AppleVolumes.default file with the only line as
/home

users can open the /home directory on their macs (os 9), but not see and of the subdirectories (like their own user directory). if i setup AppleVolumes.default with the only line as
~

then users can only see their home directory, and not any other directories in /home which they do have permission to view. when i setup AppleVolumes.default with both
~
/home

then os 9 opens two separate connections to the linux fileserver. i would like users to be able to view all the directories on / (or at least all the subdirectories in /home) that they have permission to, much like they would if they were using sftp.

how do i do this? (i would like not to have to setup a separate applevolumes file for each user) thank you!! biggrin.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th October 2017 - 11:11 PM