Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

> Free Linux Technical Resource Kit, From Novell
hughesjr
post Jun 15 2004, 10:02 PM
Post #1

Its GNU/Linuxhelp.net

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,151

According to distrowatch.com, Novell is giving away a Linux Technical Resource Kit that includes over 10GB of fully-functional software to help you test and evaluate Linux products from Novell in your home test lab. Included for free are:

- SUSE LINUX Standard Server 8.0
- SUSE LINUX 9.1 Professional
- Ximian Desktop 2.0
- Ximian Red Carpet
- Novell Linux Services 1.0
- Novell GroupWise for Linux 1.0
- and more...

Here is the order form ... (which i filled out).

http://www.novell.com/community/linux/orde...?sourceid=uscin

The only thing I can find concerning this is that they are giving it to several Linux User Groups ... but I'm not sure if it is valid for everyone ... or what requrements (if any) there are ... here is what I can find on Google:

http://www.google.com/search?q=%22Linux+Te...=utf-8&oe=utf-8

After I submitted the form, It told me they would tell me when the resource kit was in the mail was in the mail. I will post a followup....

Good Luck....

--------------------
Johnny Hughes
hughesjr@linuxhelp.net
Enterprise Alternatives: CentOS, WhiteBoxEL
Favorite Workstation Distros (in order): CentOS, Gentoo, Debian Sarge, Ubuntu, Mandrake, FedoraCore, Slackware, SUSE
Favorite Server Distros (in order): CentOS, WhiteBoxEL, Debian Sarge, Slackware, Mandrake, FedoraCore, Gentoo, SUSE
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Corey
post Jul 9 2004, 07:44 AM
Post #2

Its GNU/Linuxhelp.net

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

For those that didn't read my other post, I have an LG DVD player and I needed to upgrade my firmware from LG in order to read the dvd's. I don't know much about DVD technology, but on the dvd itself there are markings that state "DVD5", so, I don't know if that's a newer DVD technology or not.

But yeah, the offer is legitamite, so if you sign up and you receive your kit, be sure to push it to as many organizations/companies that you know to expose them to SUSE.

--------------------
Corey Quilliam
(former) Linuxhelp.ca Administrator
cquilliam-AT-gmail-dot-com

Want to help out Linuxhelp.net? Check out our Linuxhelp Wiki and see if there are some articles you would like to submit!!

--
Ubuntu 8.04 64-bit - Work Laptop (HP-Compaq NC6400 Core2)
Kubuntu 8.04 64-bit - Desktop (HP m8120n QuadCore)
Ubuntu 6.04 - Server (I'm not upgrading this baby until support runs out in 2012) (Some old POS dell)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th December 2017 - 01:38 AM