Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Evolution Connector For Exchange Not Working...
Nomad
post Jun 12 2004, 10:46 PM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,146

In order for me to use Linux which I so desperately want to, I have to be able to use an exchange client to access my email from work. I run the latest version of Red Hat Professional Workstation and apparently Ximians Evolution Connector does not support my set up with Red Hat.
Shown below:
Evolution Connector for Microsoft Exchange Server 2000/2003

System Requirements

Novell Evolution is supported on the following distributions:

SUSE LINUX 9.0
SUSE LINUX 8.2
SUSE LINUX Desktop 1.0
Red Hat Linux 9.0
Red Hat Linux 8.0 (see note below)
Red Hat Linux 7.3 (see note below)
Linux Mandrake 9.1
Sun Solaris 8 (SPARC)(requires Sun GNOME 2)

notes
All distributions are for 32-bit Intel architecture processors and clones, i.e. ix86, AMD, unless specified.
If your distribution is not listed, it is unsupported at this time. We do not support beta, testing, or unstable versions of any distribution. For example, Red Hat Rawhide, Red Hat 9.0.93 (Severn), Debian Sid, and Mandrake Cooker are not supported.
Novell Evolution 1.4 and Evolution Connector 1.4 are supported on Red Hat 7.3 and Red Hat 8.0 only when Ximian Desktop 2 is also installed. Ximian Evolution 1.4 is a GNOME 2 based application and requires either a Linux distribution that supports GNOME 2 natively OR Ximian Desktop 2 (based on GNOME 2) to be present.
In order to install or use Novell Evolution on Sun Solaris, you must first have Sun GNOME 2 installed. You can download Sun GNOME 2 from the Sun Web site.

So...I am in need of a good reliable fully functionable exchange client that will run on Red Hat. If anyone has any suggjestions it would very appreciated.

Thank you,
Christian
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hughesjr
post Jun 13 2004, 08:31 AM
Post #2

Its GNU/Linuxhelp.net

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,151

The source RPM for ximain-connector was not posted. I e-mailed Novell asking for the file. If I get it, I will compile it on a RHEL machine and see if it works.

If it does, I'll make the RPM avialable for download, and it should also work for RedHat Professional WS.

That solution will not be supported by RedHat or Novell however. (It won't invalidate any support, they just won't support it).

--------------------
Johnny Hughes
hughesjr@linuxhelp.net
Enterprise Alternatives: CentOS, WhiteBoxEL
Favorite Workstation Distros (in order): CentOS, Gentoo, Debian Sarge, Ubuntu, Mandrake, FedoraCore, Slackware, SUSE
Favorite Server Distros (in order): CentOS, WhiteBoxEL, Debian Sarge, Slackware, Mandrake, FedoraCore, Gentoo, SUSE
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2017 - 01:23 PM