Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mandrake - Dual Boot Serial Ata
darryn99
post Jun 6 2004, 06:58 PM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,108

Hi All,

I am very very new to Linux and am contemplating dual booting Mandrake 10 and WinXP, with XP on a serial ATA drive and Mandrake on an IDE drive.

I am a tad wary as I tried to dual-boot RedHat 9 and XP on my serial ATA drive but RedHat did not support the serial drive.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me before I head into this?

Cheers
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hughesjr
post Jun 12 2004, 08:12 PM
Post #2

Its GNU/Linuxhelp.net

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,151

Mandrake 10 works with some serial ATA controllers ... it has much better support for Serial ATA than RH9.

If mandrake doesn't see the serial drive, you may have to change the boot drive in the bios to pick the correct boot device ... or create a floppy of SmartBootManager...and boot form it when you want to boot Mandrake.

If mandrake sees both drives, you should be able to do the install normally...and boot normally.

--------------------
Johnny Hughes
hughesjr@linuxhelp.net
Enterprise Alternatives: CentOS, WhiteBoxEL
Favorite Workstation Distros (in order): CentOS, Gentoo, Debian Sarge, Ubuntu, Mandrake, FedoraCore, Slackware, SUSE
Favorite Server Distros (in order): CentOS, WhiteBoxEL, Debian Sarge, Slackware, Mandrake, FedoraCore, Gentoo, SUSE
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2017 - 11:31 PM