Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

> Trying To Give Back To The Community., Nowhere to turn, hope for help here
lesio1974
post May 14 2004, 10:26 PM
Post #1

I Eat C Code for Breakfast

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,544

Hello

So Linux is great and I love the spirit of community (see the posts in the "Why I use Linux" thread). But I do not want to only take, it is my turn to give back.

I checked Fedora's website, specifically the section about different projects within the distribution and there has not seem to be much progress in translating the documentation into Polish. So I sent an e-mail offering my services to one of the maintainers but did not get any answer. I know, they are probably very busy so no hard feelings on my part for no-reply. Does anyone know how to join that project??? Can anyone contribute to it or is it a privilege reserved only for Certified Linux Gods? I really want to do something for Linux and this seem to be a great opportunity for me as I am not a programmer.

Maybe someone from Fedora project is reading this great forum???

Thanks for any help.

Grzegorz L.

--------------------
-- The Pole
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
lesio1974
post May 15 2004, 01:06 AM
Post #2

I Eat C Code for Breakfast

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,544

thanks for a compliment; i will keep banging on Fedora's door and maybe someone will open; right now I am sniffing around their website to find any clue or another contact address; if Fedora will not answer, i will try to get in touch with authors of applications i use most and offer them translation;

there was a pretty good article in Linux Format about different ways to contribute and it inspired me to do something; turns out you do not have to a high-grade programmer, there are many different ways to help out in development; you just have to be willing to put some effort;

Grzegorz L.

--------------------
-- The Pole
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 01:10 PM