Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mandrake 9.0, Login Problem Plz Help !
benhurism
post Jan 2 2003, 11:27 AM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 279

hello, im a newbie here and i would like to ask for help + advises regarding mandrake 9.0

1.ok, the problem is... after i successfully installed mandrake 9.0, it prompt me to input username and password. BUT during the installation process, i didnt create a user account but i remembered that at a point during the installation process, the menu ask me a password ( and i already put in my password ). May i know how can i login without a user account ? there is no icons at the users account. plz some one help me !!

2. Is there anyone that could give me some advises about mandrake 9.0 ? before this i use winxp i feel like to try other OS.

thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
willard1346
post Jan 2 2003, 11:37 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 271

Hello i dont know if this will answer ur question in full but, to create a user log in as root whos password is the one u entered durring the install prosess. Once u get in to the desktop bring up a shell and as a command type in [ adduser "username" ] then u should be asked for a password. If that does not work, try using a cntrl+alt+F1 and that might bring up a command promt for u to enter the password command. I use debian so i think it should work fine for you.

Will

+Quote Post
Corey
post Jan 3 2003, 07:48 AM
Post #3

Its GNU/Linuxhelp.net

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

As Willard pointed out, login as username "root" which is basically the system administrator. Once inside KDE or GNOME, run the Mandrake Control Centre, it should poking around there somewhere. The the Mandrake Control Centre, there should be a sub-section for creating users. You can add users, groups, and even associate little cute pictures along with them. I actually have a small picture of myself for login .

--------------------
Corey Quilliam
(former) Linuxhelp.ca Administrator
cquilliam-AT-gmail-dot-com

Want to help out Linuxhelp.net? Check out our Linuxhelp Wiki and see if there are some articles you would like to submit!!

--
Ubuntu 8.04 64-bit - Work Laptop (HP-Compaq NC6400 Core2)
Kubuntu 8.04 64-bit - Desktop (HP m8120n QuadCore)
Ubuntu 6.04 - Server (I'm not upgrading this baby until support runs out in 2012) (Some old POS dell)

+Quote Post
benhurism
post Jan 28 2003, 05:58 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 279

thanks. now my mandrake is working great!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2017 - 11:31 PM