Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Can't Get Via Network Port Working, Argh! Damn thing! HELP!
HotBlackDesiato
post Apr 8 2004, 04:28 PM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,737

I've tried every solution I can find!

I just bought a VIA CL10000 mobo. It has two onboard network adapters. The manual says one is a VT6105 and the other VT6103. I am trying to install Gentoo from a live install CD. It detects the ports with no problem and loads via-rhine to support them. But I cannot get the ports to actually work. They will not pull a DHCP. I assign them static IPs in my network and they can't ping anything. I know it's not the cabling because I've verified the cables work on other systems.

I found requests for help in this matter from other poor souls scattered around the web. I have tried all the tips they received. I've disabled APCI in the BIOS, I've booted the kernel with -nofb and -noapic. It just won't work! Is there an actual fix or do I return this damn thing to the manufacturer?

Please help!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hughesjr
post Apr 8 2004, 04:42 PM
Post #2

Its GNU/Linuxhelp.net

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,151

If you are using the 2004.0 cd, try using the smp kernel (it is a 2.6 kernel and there is better driver support).

If the 2.6 kernel works, make sure to install gentoo-dev-sources as the kernel later in the install process.

--------------------
Johnny Hughes
hughesjr@linuxhelp.net
Enterprise Alternatives: CentOS, WhiteBoxEL
Favorite Workstation Distros (in order): CentOS, Gentoo, Debian Sarge, Ubuntu, Mandrake, FedoraCore, Slackware, SUSE
Favorite Server Distros (in order): CentOS, WhiteBoxEL, Debian Sarge, Slackware, Mandrake, FedoraCore, Gentoo, SUSE

+Quote Post
HotBlackDesiato
post Apr 8 2004, 06:39 PM
Post #3

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,737

Thanks for the help but...

...it didn't work.

Any other ideas?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th October 2017 - 08:50 PM