Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Zip Drive, fstab....or something else?
veris2040
post Mar 27 2004, 04:02 PM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,094

I've just installed a PCI controller card which allowed me to add a new Hard drive and an internal zip drive into my system...now Mandrake is all weird on me now...and I've done multiple installations to get these drives to work properly. Mandrake 9.2 reads both drives mounts them *so it says in the /mnt directory* with the problem that it also creates two mount locations for my zip drive...one at /mnt/zip and /mnt/zip2...for some reason it also calls multiple dev files for them in the /etc/fstab file. Other than that...everything works for the most part..except that the zip drive can't be accessed by anything except for root. which means when I want to write something to the drive it has to be done by root. I'm assumming that this is a problem that can be fixed by editing the /etc/fstab file, but I'm not too sure how to edit it, and Mandrake 9.2 is really messy about it. So what should I be doing to get my zip drive to work properly for users? Should I consider changing my distribution?

Thanx for any help that comes this way
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2017 - 08:38 AM