Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cable From Cd To Sound Card, Still a problem by Mandrake 9.1?
jeff_brown
post Mar 25 2004, 09:51 PM
Post #1

Grub-er

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,361

Brace yourself. The following problem will sound stupid, but I have in fact done a lot of research, and I'm not whining irresponsibly.

I can't play audio CDs.

Okay, now that I said it: I've found others with exactly my problem, from a few years ago: they could read a CD in KsCD, but got no sound. The usual advice was 'Make sure there's a cable from the CD drive to the sound card. Windows sometimes omits it." It appears that there might in fact be room for such a connection to be made on my machine, or for the equivalent software shortcut to be installed.

Before I spend a lot of time trying one of those methods, though, I hoped to find out: Was a disconnect between the CD drive and the soundcard still a problem as of Mandrake 9.1? All the people I read about who needed to do it were using RedHat 8.2, so maybe the problem had gone away by 9.1 (the version I'm running), in which case I'd better find something else to try.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hughesjr
post Mar 25 2004, 10:11 PM
Post #2

Its GNU/Linuxhelp.net

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,151

Most Linux CD Audio programs require the audio cable from the CD to the Sound Card to be installed ...

--------------------
Johnny Hughes
hughesjr@linuxhelp.net
Enterprise Alternatives: CentOS, WhiteBoxEL
Favorite Workstation Distros (in order): CentOS, Gentoo, Debian Sarge, Ubuntu, Mandrake, FedoraCore, Slackware, SUSE
Favorite Server Distros (in order): CentOS, WhiteBoxEL, Debian Sarge, Slackware, Mandrake, FedoraCore, Gentoo, SUSE
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th December 2017 - 09:31 PM