Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Could It Be A Virus?
kemobyte
post Mar 15 2004, 06:43 AM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,585

My computer seem to have caught a virus which is affecting my browsers and any folder which allows for input of characters. Anytime I use a browser, windows folder and an address bar is present, I will often get a string of characters “67yujhnm” appearing in the address bar. This will highlight itself then a drop down menu will appear offering me “undo,redo delete, cut, copy, paste, select all” I can only select delete then it will go. But invariably 2 seconds later the same thing will happen again.jhnm
It’s becoming a complete nightmare and is invading all my programmes. As soon as I open Word. The “67yujhnm” will write itself on the screen and then do a spelling and grammar check, continouslly writing itself in the text to be checked . It takes about 3 mins. of constantly closing the forever popping up grammar and spelling check box to have a blank screen. If I print something. In the number of copies box “67yujhnm” will also appear or sometimes if I download or rename a file it will also appear in the box where I want to enter the name of my file. In short it’s making my computer life a nightmare. I’m running Linux Fedora Core on a Toshiba Satellite Pro 4600 and the processor is an Intel Celeron

P.I have even formatted the Harddisk but the problem still there.
any help is much appreciated.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hughesjr
post Mar 15 2004, 07:14 AM
Post #2

Its GNU/Linuxhelp.net

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,151

This is a really strange problem ... and I see exactly the same on here:

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Applicatio...Q_20854949.html

(that is probably your post!)

There is only one other post on all of google concerning 67yujhnm ...

http://computercops.biz/postp39116.html

If both of those are your posts, then you are the only person in the world who has this recieved or posted about this virus (and unless you wrote it, then I would think that is not very likely).

Since those letters are exactly diagonal down the center of the keyboard, I would think you have a hardware error on your machine, especially since it seems this has followed you from Windows 2000 to Fedora Core. (If the other post wasn't you, then I still think it is a toshiba specific problem not a virus ... since that person has exacly the same model PC as you).

You might try a bios upgrade to the latest version

--------------------
Johnny Hughes
hughesjr@linuxhelp.net
Enterprise Alternatives: CentOS, WhiteBoxEL
Favorite Workstation Distros (in order): CentOS, Gentoo, Debian Sarge, Ubuntu, Mandrake, FedoraCore, Slackware, SUSE
Favorite Server Distros (in order): CentOS, WhiteBoxEL, Debian Sarge, Slackware, Mandrake, FedoraCore, Gentoo, SUSE
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2017 - 11:17 AM