Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Total Newbie Needs Help With Installin Windows On, a Linux system!!!URGEND PLEASE
GhostXD
post Mar 12 2004, 05:10 PM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,572

Hi folks biggrin.gif

i recently installed Mandrake Linux and it configured the partitions by it self so its 5GB 1 partition,swap 1024MB,rest is 33GB and well i dont know how to install games on Linux and DirectX as well and i installed linux to run a ftp BUT i still wanna be able to play games and Linux doesnt support many so i want to install Windows on the 33GB partition to play games and to dual boot whatever OS i want...anyone know how to do that?help is REALLY appreciated...its midnight now so and i d like to do this before going to sleep biggrin.gif

hope someone can help me....

cincerly

GhostXD
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hughesjr
post Mar 13 2004, 09:09 AM
Post #2

Its GNU/Linuxhelp.net

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,151

So, you have mandrake already installed and now you want to install Windows XP?

Is that the situation?

If so, install Windows XP normally into the 33 gb partition ... OR create a 25gb partition for Windows (format it ntfs) for the windows install and an 8gb partition (formated FAT32) to share files between linux and WinXP (like mp3 files, etc.).

If you haven't already done the install, then do the partitons with the mandrake CD ... and install XP first, then mandrake last.

--------------------
Johnny Hughes
hughesjr@linuxhelp.net
Enterprise Alternatives: CentOS, WhiteBoxEL
Favorite Workstation Distros (in order): CentOS, Gentoo, Debian Sarge, Ubuntu, Mandrake, FedoraCore, Slackware, SUSE
Favorite Server Distros (in order): CentOS, WhiteBoxEL, Debian Sarge, Slackware, Mandrake, FedoraCore, Gentoo, SUSE
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2017 - 08:29 AM