Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

> Mandrakelinux 10.0 Community Released, 2.6 Kernel, KDE 3.2
hughesjr
post Mar 4 2004, 07:40 PM
Post #1

Its GNU/Linuxhelp.net

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,151

Mandrakesoft is proud to announce that its new flagship operating system 'Mandrakelinux 10.0 Community' has been released. 10.0 Community is the first major Linux distribution to take advantage of the new Linux kernel 2.6 while providing one of the most easy to use and attractive Linux operating systems ever.

This product is currently only available to MandrakeClub members or for purchase from the MandrakeStore. When it is available for all users, I will post it here.

--------------------
Johnny Hughes
hughesjr@linuxhelp.net
Enterprise Alternatives: CentOS, WhiteBoxEL
Favorite Workstation Distros (in order): CentOS, Gentoo, Debian Sarge, Ubuntu, Mandrake, FedoraCore, Slackware, SUSE
Favorite Server Distros (in order): CentOS, WhiteBoxEL, Debian Sarge, Slackware, Mandrake, FedoraCore, Gentoo, SUSE
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
hughesjr
post Mar 11 2004, 08:52 AM
Post #2

Its GNU/Linuxhelp.net

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,151

I did an install of Mandrake 10 Community ... it went better than the RC1 install (as I expected). But I did have some problems:

1. The CD-1 wouldn't boot in my cd drive ... this is also posted on the Mandrake Forums so other people had the same problem ... I just booted from a Smart BootManager floppy that I have in my desk and picked the CDROM and CD-1 booted OK after that.

2. I picked the options I wanted, did the install, (It's very similar to a Mandrake 9.1 install). But, when CD 3 was finished ... it asked for CD 4...but there is no CD 4. There was one minute left .. I couldn't get it to accept CD3 as CD 4 ... or any of the other CDs ... so I had to hit cancel to not install from CD 4 ... it continued with the install and I had no other errors.

The only thing I know that I had selected that didn't get installed was kernel-source ... but I was able to install it after the first boot with the command:

urpmi kernel-source

3. My mouse was a scroll mouse and the /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 entry for the mouse was incorrect ... it said:

Option "ZAxisMapping" "6 7"

it needed to say

Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"

I manually changed it and rebooted ... now it worked.

4. Everything else seems to work so far ... alsa sound is working ok (I have a Soundblaster Live! card), the video is the standard nv driver from XFree86 4.3 ... I haven't yet tried to install the proprietary nvidia driver from the nvidia.com website. I can confirm that the XFree86 is indeed the version 4.3.0.1 and not 4.4.0.

--------------------
Johnny Hughes
hughesjr@linuxhelp.net
Enterprise Alternatives: CentOS, WhiteBoxEL
Favorite Workstation Distros (in order): CentOS, Gentoo, Debian Sarge, Ubuntu, Mandrake, FedoraCore, Slackware, SUSE
Favorite Server Distros (in order): CentOS, WhiteBoxEL, Debian Sarge, Slackware, Mandrake, FedoraCore, Gentoo, SUSE
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th December 2017 - 10:06 PM