Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Newbie Playing With Apache2.0.48
psciences
post Mar 2 2004, 04:28 PM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,507

Hiya all,

I've got a little 2.5ghz cel running rh9 and i've just thrown apache2.0.48 up and started it. I've got a static IP which is correctly configured., I also have vsftp loaded up.

My problem (i'm certain you've heard this before):

I can't see my apache server from the outside world. On the server it's self i can go to my ip address, and find it. (localhost doesn't work anymore, stopped working when I changed the DNS server, to the DNS server of my ISP. I have a professional local loop (a T1, split 50/50 w/ a digital telco sys) I'm modertaly certain my ISP is not blocking any port 80s on me. I'm outside of my firewall, so i know my firewall isn't blocking it.

the FTP bit works, I can FTP to my box, I can ssh to my box... but i can't get apache's little temp page from outside.

any suggestions?

-rob blink.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
psciences
post Mar 2 2004, 05:01 PM
Post #2

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,507

Ok... to test if my ISP was blocking port 80 or not, I changed the port to port 8000, and if i bring up a browser in the GUI on the server, and go to 65.105.149.126:8000 it works just fine, but when I go to my other computer, which is on a different network w/ internet access... no go. So, I think there's still a configuration error somewhere.

Is there a RH configuration I should look at?

-rob blink.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th December 2017 - 02:28 AM