Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Vmware
Stevey_G
post Feb 28 2004, 11:22 AM
Post #1

./configure

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,448

Any of you got experience with vmware. Im running win NT in a virtual machine. I want to access my linux home directory through it. Any ideas how? Cheers. Steve
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Corey
post Feb 28 2004, 01:58 PM
Post #2

Its GNU/Linuxhelp.net

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Well, i've never actually attempted to access a linux filesystem through Windows in a VMware machine, but I would imagine it's pretty much the same as using a regular install of windows. You might want to try explore2fs, which i have had good success in under windows. Please note that I have not tried this through VMware, so you're milage may vary. As well, please note that this program only supports ext2 and ext3 filesystems, others like reiserfs, xfs, etc. are not supported, and are not going to be according to the website.

--------------------
Corey Quilliam
(former) Linuxhelp.ca Administrator
cquilliam-AT-gmail-dot-com

Want to help out Linuxhelp.net? Check out our Linuxhelp Wiki and see if there are some articles you would like to submit!!

--
Ubuntu 8.04 64-bit - Work Laptop (HP-Compaq NC6400 Core2)
Kubuntu 8.04 64-bit - Desktop (HP m8120n QuadCore)
Ubuntu 6.04 - Server (I'm not upgrading this baby until support runs out in 2012) (Some old POS dell)

+Quote Post
Stevey_G
post Mar 1 2004, 06:06 PM
Post #3

./configure

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,448

Well the directory i want to access is shared in samba, and users are setup, both the vm and linux use dhcp to resolve addresses. All i need to do is to be able to see the linux share in the vm?? The vm uses xp now on NAT btw. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th December 2017 - 03:32 AM