Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

> Next Topic.... Bit Torrent And Apollon
Stevey_G
post Feb 26 2004, 07:46 AM
Post #1

./configure

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,448

As far as I know Bit torrent is not on apt-get. Could you give me a rough guide on where to get it from and how to install it. Also have any of you used Apollon? I have a complete distro of it with an install script but I get errors even if im in superuser mode.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
hughesjr
post Feb 27 2004, 07:07 AM
Post #2

Its GNU/Linuxhelp.net

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,151

The specific instructions were for RedHat 9 with apt installed... but obviously the steps would be the same for most distros.

How you obtain Python, if required, would be with the distro specific tool:

emerge -UD python (gentoo)

urpmi python (mandrake)

apt-get python (debian)

etc...
------------
Also, for non RPM distros, you would download the wxPython from this page and install per the instructions depending on your OS.
-----------
The reason that I recommend this client is that it has a slider to control the Upload bandwidth (you want to set it to a max of 80% of you upload capacity when sharing files ... any more than that and you could saturate the line, causing your download speed and all internet connectivity, to be extremely slow).

This client also tells you how many other seeds (full downloads) and peers (other people downloading) are connected to this file .... something I used to have to use the package torrentsniff for.

--------------------
Johnny Hughes
hughesjr@linuxhelp.net
Enterprise Alternatives: CentOS, WhiteBoxEL
Favorite Workstation Distros (in order): CentOS, Gentoo, Debian Sarge, Ubuntu, Mandrake, FedoraCore, Slackware, SUSE
Favorite Server Distros (in order): CentOS, WhiteBoxEL, Debian Sarge, Slackware, Mandrake, FedoraCore, Gentoo, SUSE
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2017 - 06:09 AM