Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Please Help A Newbie, Sound card
cnalies
post Feb 22 2004, 05:28 PM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,221

Hi, I just upgraded from Mandrake Linux 8.1 to 9.2 My sound card was working just fine up until I tried to play Tux racer. The game froze, the letters in monitor became huge, the sound went away. I tried going into the configuration menu to try and fix it, but it did not work. It says that I do not have an audio device. I was playing cd's and games with no problems but now the system won't even find my device. Please help a Linux newbie. What should I do?

Thanks,

Niels
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
shaggy999
post Feb 22 2004, 05:35 PM
Post #2

Grub-er

Member No.: 2,170

Have you tried rebooting your computer? There are times where music and movies play fine for me, then all of a sudden I go to do something that makes noise and it says it can't find my sound hardware. A quick reboot and everything works fine again. In fact it did it to me on my laptop an hour ago. I had my laptop on, but closed the whole night.... I woke up and went to play some music...... no sound, eventhough I had watched a movie on it last night. A quick reboot and it works again.

+Quote Post
cnalies
post Feb 23 2004, 09:26 PM
Post #3

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Member No.: 2,221

QUOTE (cnalies @ Feb 22 2004, 05:28 PM)
Hi, I just upgraded from Mandrake Linux 8.1 to 9.2 My sound card was working just fine up until I tried to play Tux racer. The game froze, the letters in monitor became huge, the sound went away. I tried going into the configuration menu to try and fix it, but it did not work. It says that I do not have an audio device. I was playing cd's and games with no problems but now the system won't even find my device. Please help a Linux newbie. What should I do?

Thanks,

Niels

I have rebooted the system several times. But it does not fix the problem.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2017 - 12:36 PM