Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dowloading Iso's, Sorry, I am new to Linux, I'm a n00b :-(
daniel
post Feb 14 2004, 04:23 AM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,374

Hello, names Daniel

I have been having problems understanding how to download iso's (they never seem to work for me), sorry if this seems silly. At the moment I am specifically interested in downloading Lycoris as it looks to be the perfect transfer from Windows to Linux.

Having looked in the search area of the forum I did not find what I was looking for after doing a search on "downloading iso's. If for this subject I have looked in the wrong place or typed the wrong search string I am very sorry.

OK
I am currently using Windows and am very new to Linux (some say I'm even a n00b sad.gif )

I have clicked on the "Downloads" tab, clicked on the Lycoris link, then I clicked on the following link

http://ftp.sun.ac.za/ftp/iso-images/lycoris/

If I download the following three files in windows

cd1_en_binary.iso

cd2_en_source.iso

cd3_en_devtools.iso

and then burn each of these on to CD, when I insert them into my CD-ROM drive will they start to install Lycoris or do I have to download the other files as well.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and sorry if a similar post has already been made. Could you please direct me to it

Thank you

Daniel

smile.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hughesjr
post Feb 14 2004, 05:19 AM
Post #2

Its GNU/Linuxhelp.net

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,151

When you burn these to CD ... don't just copy the file to the CD, but use the burn image command of your burner software instead ... see this information on how to burn ISO files.

you shouldn't need anything else to start the install.

--------------------
Johnny Hughes
hughesjr@linuxhelp.net
Enterprise Alternatives: CentOS, WhiteBoxEL
Favorite Workstation Distros (in order): CentOS, Gentoo, Debian Sarge, Ubuntu, Mandrake, FedoraCore, Slackware, SUSE
Favorite Server Distros (in order): CentOS, WhiteBoxEL, Debian Sarge, Slackware, Mandrake, FedoraCore, Gentoo, SUSE

+Quote Post
daniel
post Feb 14 2004, 05:37 AM
Post #3

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,374

Thank you biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2017 - 09:53 AM