Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dell 8200 Graphics Problem, Monitor resolution cannot resize
odigo0505
post Feb 12 2004, 06:22 PM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,365

I have recently installed redhat 9.0 on my dell inspiron 8200. I have Nvidia GeForce 2go and i even installed the driver available on the Nvidia site. The problem is my monitor resolution never goes above 800x600. I tried doing everything even changing the XF86config file by adding more resolutions. I have been real problem working with it as not no window fits in that resolution and everything is displayed outside the screen. Does any one have an idea why this is happening. I hope there would be someone who must have tried installing redhat 9.0 on dell inspiron 8200. Thanx in advance
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hughesjr
post Feb 13 2004, 08:12 AM
Post #2

Its GNU/Linuxhelp.net

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,151

I have not installed on a Dell Inspiron 8200 ... but try going to Menu - System Settings - Display ... then click the Advanced tab and then the Configure button in the Monitor Box.

You can probe the Monitor ... what does it say?

Try setting to

Dell - 1600 x 1200 Laptop Display Panel

or

Generic - LCD Panel 1600x1200

and see what happens!

--------------------
Johnny Hughes
hughesjr@linuxhelp.net
Enterprise Alternatives: CentOS, WhiteBoxEL
Favorite Workstation Distros (in order): CentOS, Gentoo, Debian Sarge, Ubuntu, Mandrake, FedoraCore, Slackware, SUSE
Favorite Server Distros (in order): CentOS, WhiteBoxEL, Debian Sarge, Slackware, Mandrake, FedoraCore, Gentoo, SUSE
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2017 - 01:53 PM