Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kbd Restarts On 2.6.1
Gerikes101
post Feb 2 2004, 09:04 AM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,275

Hello.

Running a 2.6.1 kernel source build, I've encountered this problem on my Toshiba Satellite 5105-S501. The problem did not occur in a 2.4 kernel.

At what at first seemed like random times, I believe whatever tracks keypresses in the kernel resets. A little tomfoolery allowed me to associate using the shift key together with other keys to trigger the problem. Here's what is output to my screen:

input: AT Translated Set 2 keyboard on isa0060/serio0

I also see this in the dmesg, so I'm assuming that whatever reads keypresses is restarted. This creates two problems. First: when typing code into my vi screen, the message appears in the buffer, so I have to clear it. Second, in the time that it restarts a few keys are missed (so it's not like I can just edit the source so that the kernel prints out nothing tongue.gif ) Any reason on why this might be occuring? Thanks in advanced.

Mark
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hughesjr
post Feb 2 2004, 11:14 PM
Post #2

Its GNU/Linuxhelp.net

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,151

That looks like a known issue ... with several hundred hits on google (I don't have it on my (2) 2.6.1 test installs).

Look Here and follow the thread to find a patch...

Or the patch might already be in the -mm5 patch released by Andrew Morton

--------------------
Johnny Hughes
hughesjr@linuxhelp.net
Enterprise Alternatives: CentOS, WhiteBoxEL
Favorite Workstation Distros (in order): CentOS, Gentoo, Debian Sarge, Ubuntu, Mandrake, FedoraCore, Slackware, SUSE
Favorite Server Distros (in order): CentOS, WhiteBoxEL, Debian Sarge, Slackware, Mandrake, FedoraCore, Gentoo, SUSE
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2017 - 08:04 AM