Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Help! Cannot Connect To Network, Cannot connect to ISP via static addr.
LadyDumon
post Jan 21 2004, 12:49 PM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,193

Please help. I have a server running SUSE Linux ver 9.0 and I cannot get it to connect to the ISP (cable).
I have a static IP, all IP info is configured and it did work up until the ISP tried to reassign the Static address last week. The ISP claims that everything is fine on their end. The firewall is not running, port 80 is fine and have added the routes. I am a newbie to linux and I would appreciate any advice smile.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hughesjr
post Jan 21 2004, 07:59 PM
Post #2

Its GNU/Linuxhelp.net

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,151

I'm not sure what routes you need to add ... unless you have another device between the cable modem and the server.

If your server plugs in directly to the cable modem all you need to do is input the required information ... if you have other components, please tell us what they are so we can help.

The ISP should have provided you an IP address, a subnet mask, a default gateway address and a DNS server IP address to use for lookups ... do you have all that information?

--------------------
Johnny Hughes
hughesjr@linuxhelp.net
Enterprise Alternatives: CentOS, WhiteBoxEL
Favorite Workstation Distros (in order): CentOS, Gentoo, Debian Sarge, Ubuntu, Mandrake, FedoraCore, Slackware, SUSE
Favorite Server Distros (in order): CentOS, WhiteBoxEL, Debian Sarge, Slackware, Mandrake, FedoraCore, Gentoo, SUSE

+Quote Post
jetblackz
post Jan 22 2004, 08:19 PM
Post #3

./configure

Group: Members
Member No.: 613

I know SuSE has a comprehensive setup tool for everything. Use that to set up your network. Then try:

su
route
ping -c 3 www.yahoo.com

Paste route info here.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th December 2017 - 04:48 AM