Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mandrake 9.2 In Panic
cerberos76
post Jan 15 2004, 03:37 PM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,147

Hello,
I tried to install Mandrake 9.2 in a loopback (virtual) partition on my FAT32 Win95 single partition on my oldish laptop Toshiba Portege 3110.

In short, after a good installation (repeated also a few times with different parameters to be sure), the linux kernel goes in panic at the time of loading!

Full details can be found here:
http://www.linuxforum.com/forums/index.php...showtopic=10124

My question is:
- Has anyone of you succeded to installa Mandrake 9.2 in loopback?
- It appears also Mandrake 9.1 had a problem with dependencies which screwed up the loopback mode. Has anyone tried that too?

Can anyone suggest alternative simple solutions?
I would like Linux on my laptop, mainly to use my USB port with my photocam (via gphoto2 e gtkam), and would like to have the freedom to put the linux images into a cd-rom in case I need space on the hard disk...
[ I am exclusively looking for hard-disk loopback installations and NOT Linux booting from CD, as the CD is external and I do not bring it often with me ...]

Can anyone reccomend alternative distributions with similar characteristics (support for USB and gphoto2) ? Would be nice something close to the Mandrake GUI installer, where with the right choice of packages I can have all I need with less than 400 MB... but working of course!

P.S.: I also posted a bug report on the Mandrake web site, but I am not sure how fast they are in dealing with these reports...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2017 - 01:42 PM