Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Please Help!
Zlotnik
post Jan 14 2004, 12:54 PM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,138

Hi!

Since recieving my new pc in the early 2003, it came with an nforce2 motherboard (Abitt NF7-S - v 2.0). So, naturally, because i had no luck in using linux properly as a workstation (too slow machine) I got happy and tried instaling Redhat 9.0 and also SuSE. I installed redhat, and logged on to the KDE. The pre-login test program also said that my sound card and network card (both nforce2 integrated) are working properly and also played a few sounds. So I went to the KDE control center which said that there is no soundcard or a network card. So i did an autodetect. It detected the soundcard, but it was not supported. The network card was simply not found. I installed Suse, and had the same problems and also when booting up, the SuSE froze when it came to loading usb 2.0. Great. I managed to get into the SuSE KDE interface, and had the same problems. So I gave up for some time, seeking hjelp on the .net and yielded no results. A couple days ago I tried knoppix. with KDE. Guess what. Same problem.
So here I am asking anyone if they have any info on my problem?
I'd be very thankful for any help.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hughesjr
post Jan 16 2004, 06:06 AM
Post #2

Its GNU/Linuxhelp.net

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,151

After the install of Linux on a NForce 2 machine, you need to install the Nforce motherboard drivers.

Here is the NVIDIA page ....

The instructions for install are here.

--------------------
Johnny Hughes
hughesjr@linuxhelp.net
Enterprise Alternatives: CentOS, WhiteBoxEL
Favorite Workstation Distros (in order): CentOS, Gentoo, Debian Sarge, Ubuntu, Mandrake, FedoraCore, Slackware, SUSE
Favorite Server Distros (in order): CentOS, WhiteBoxEL, Debian Sarge, Slackware, Mandrake, FedoraCore, Gentoo, SUSE
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th December 2017 - 03:00 PM