Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

> Suse/red Hat Dual Installation
jtlnewbie
post Nov 19 2002, 05:25 PM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 170

Hi friends & gurus:

Please help me out with this problem. I am a relative newbie when it comes to linux. I am trying to set up a dual boot box that comprises of suSE 7.3 and RH 7.3. I first installed suSE, then Red Hat. The installation went w/out any problem. However, when I did a reboot after the RH installation, the only thing shows up was RH, and suSE was nowhere to be seen. I did instruct RH to use LILO and store it in the MBR.

Any suggestion/advice how I can get around this problem.

Also, I notice something that was rather weird with RH 7.3. I could not find the KornShell (ksh) anywhere. I did a "which ksh" command and was told it's not found. What's odd about this was that I was using it last night, on the same box w/the same RH 7.3. Just to be sure, I also checked out other shells, and they're there, except for ksh. Any idea about this "mysterious" disappearance.

Thanks in advance for all the help.

John

I am running on PIII with 512 RAM & 80G HD. The HD consists of 2 40G disks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
jtlnewbie
post Nov 19 2002, 05:43 PM
Post #2

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 170

Will try that and see if this takes care of the problem. Thank you for the prompt response/advice.

By the way, would you suggest that I install suSE on disk 1 (/dev/hda) and Red Hat on the 2nd disk(/dev/hdb)? Being a newbie, I opted for the "automatic" option and let installation spreads things onto both disks, with /, /boot, and /home on disk1 and /usr, /var, and /opt on disk b. Please advise.

Thanks once again for the prompt response/advice.

John
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2017 - 09:03 PM