Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

> Suse/red Hat Dual Installation
jtlnewbie
post Nov 19 2002, 05:25 PM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 170

Hi friends & gurus:

Please help me out with this problem. I am a relative newbie when it comes to linux. I am trying to set up a dual boot box that comprises of suSE 7.3 and RH 7.3. I first installed suSE, then Red Hat. The installation went w/out any problem. However, when I did a reboot after the RH installation, the only thing shows up was RH, and suSE was nowhere to be seen. I did instruct RH to use LILO and store it in the MBR.

Any suggestion/advice how I can get around this problem.

Also, I notice something that was rather weird with RH 7.3. I could not find the KornShell (ksh) anywhere. I did a "which ksh" command and was told it's not found. What's odd about this was that I was using it last night, on the same box w/the same RH 7.3. Just to be sure, I also checked out other shells, and they're there, except for ksh. Any idea about this "mysterious" disappearance.

Thanks in advance for all the help.

John

I am running on PIII with 512 RAM & 80G HD. The HD consists of 2 40G disks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Joey
post Nov 19 2002, 05:31 PM
Post #2

LinuxHelp Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Hi John,

When you installed Red Hat it overwrote suse's lilo config. One way to "fix" this would be to boot into red hat and edit your lilo.conf file and have it include your suse kernel image. Then save the file and run /sbin/lilo.

No idea about ksh but its probably on the cd waiting to be installed.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2017 - 04:44 AM