Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Red Hat Install Problems, went well until the reboot
rustic
post Jan 6 2004, 11:28 AM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,090

Iím a complete novice to Linux and have just tried to install Red Hat 8. I put it on a new computer without any installed operating system. Now, the installation itself seemed to go well, I used the default choices in almost ever instance except I was able to pick my specific monitor out of a list. The graphics and my mouse worked without a hitch during install. The problems hit me after all the information had been written to my hard drive and the computer restarted. The boot went well and Red Hat Setup Agent came on the screen, however my graphics were a mess; the screen was grainy and barely readable, and the mouse would no longer work. I managed to get past the Setup Agent with the keyboard, but then ran into the user name and password screen. I did not enter any name during installation, just a root password that was mandatory. At this point I could not get past this screen. Anyway, it went really well until this final phase, and Iím really anxious to become a Linux user, but what do you think went wrong, and what can I do now?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Davey
post Jan 6 2004, 03:11 PM
Post #2

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,084

I have experienced (and still experiencing) the same problem - and its in the technical support forum too (Under boot problems) Do you have an Nvidea - I do (Although your lucky, I get no screen output what-so-ever) Except my problem is with Red-hat 9
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2017 - 12:16 AM