Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

> 3com Gigabit Lom (3c940) Lan Driver, problem compiling the drivers
Omega81
post Jan 2 2004, 03:43 AM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,059

Happy New year everyone. Now Straight to the point, I am trting to compile the drivers for my LAN card on my debian Linux Box. but during the compilation, it says it can't find the version.h and autoconf.h header files in my kernel source (/usr/src/linux-kernel.2.4/include). I have search everywhere for it but I can't find it on my system. Any ideas, I am using the 2.4.18 kernel and running debian 3.0 r2.

Thanks alot guys

Charles
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 1)
andrewjenkins
post Jan 3 2004, 02:14 AM
Post #2

Grub-er

Group: Members
Member No.: 930

both version.h and autoconf.h are in kernel-dir/include/linux for all the kernels I've ever gotten. So, they should be at:

/usr/src/linux-kernel.2.4/include/version.h
/usr/src/linux-kernel.2.4/include/autoconf.h

It's very bizzare that they wouldn't be there. Did you download a kernel source? I don't use debian, but its possible they include by default a stub tree that contains basically only the Makefile and .config. I guess I would recommend downloading from www.kernel.org to get the vanilla sources, and also, make sure you have hard disk space when you unpack (df -h /usr/src), and that you have the proper permissions to unpack in /usr/src (probably means you have to be root).
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2017 - 03:14 AM