Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Video Drivers, 3d rage pro
lefticy
post Dec 21 2003, 08:23 AM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,998

REAL new guy here .. i just installed the pink tie (redhat) 8.1 on an old hobby machine.

the install went fine. not a single hiccup.. (unlike my win 2000 which took 2 weeks )

the only problem is getting the video to fill out the screen .. as of right now it looks like a 13 inch screen on a 17 inch moniter.. i have played with all the adjustments but to no avail.

were can i get a driver to fix this problem? or how do i fix this problem?
the card is a ati 3d rage pro (4 mb ). but in linux it shows up as a mach64. ? dry.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Corey
post Dec 24 2003, 12:07 AM
Post #2

Its GNU/Linuxhelp.net

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

If i understand you correctly, you are probably running a screen resolution of 1024x768 (or similar), and the video is probably running at 640x480. If this is the case, then you need to open up your X configuration and add 640x480 to the available modes so your screen can switch to it when needed. I'm not sure where your xconfiguration would be to in Redhat, however, you can open up your /etc/X11/XF86Config file and go down to your Screens section and add "640x480" to the end of your resolutions line and save and restart your X server.

--------------------
Corey Quilliam
(former) Linuxhelp.ca Administrator
cquilliam-AT-gmail-dot-com

Want to help out Linuxhelp.net? Check out our Linuxhelp Wiki and see if there are some articles you would like to submit!!

--
Ubuntu 8.04 64-bit - Work Laptop (HP-Compaq NC6400 Core2)
Kubuntu 8.04 64-bit - Desktop (HP m8120n QuadCore)
Ubuntu 6.04 - Server (I'm not upgrading this baby until support runs out in 2012) (Some old POS dell)

+Quote Post
lefticy
post Dec 25 2003, 01:41 AM
Post #3

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,998

thanks for the reply.. i have adjusted the screen to fit ... what i did not know was that you can adjust the size of the text and the icons in gnome.. i an going to have a lot of fun with the linux.. biggrin.gif cool.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th December 2017 - 09:28 PM