Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

> Welcome To Programming In Linux, Forum Introduction
post Dec 19 2003, 01:28 AM
Post #1

Its GNU/

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Welcome to the newly formed (reformed) "Programming in Linux" forum. The purpose of this forum is to ask questions, answer questions, and provide information/documentation to help users with their programming needs. If you are a programmer, please feel free to drop by often, we are always in need to knowledgable users to answer questions. Even if you are a new programmer, you may be able to provide ideas, or links to help another one out. Remember, this is a community, and in a community we help each other out as best we can.

I am a new programmer myself, and I'm always in need of a little help and explanation here and there. I do feel though we should set some sort of guidelines for the forum, just to keep things on track.

What to post:
  • Questions regarding any programming or "interpreted" language
  • Tips or suggestions that may be helpful to other users
  • Guides and tutorials for languages or programs used for programming
  • Links to tutorials that are freely available on the internet

What not to post:
  • Questions on compiling a certain piece of software, this should be posted in our Technical Support forum

That's it, so please enjoy the forums, and I hope that lots of people stick around to help out.

Thank you,

Corey Quilliam
(former) Administrator

Want to help out Check out our Linuxhelp Wiki and see if there are some articles you would like to submit!!

Ubuntu 8.04 64-bit - Work Laptop (HP-Compaq NC6400 Core2)
Kubuntu 8.04 64-bit - Desktop (HP m8120n QuadCore)
Ubuntu 6.04 - Server (I'm not upgrading this baby until support runs out in 2012) (Some old POS dell)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Corey   Welcome To Programming In Linux   Dec 19 2003, 01:28 AM

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2018 - 07:24 AM